.: Driving to neverland :.

You get lost along the way but you always get to where you're going.

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Bye Bye lolo... 'til we meet again

My mom woke me up today at 5:30 am and told me the sad news - my lolo passed away. I was so sleepy that I went back to sleep but before I did, I said a little prayer for him. I hope he's up there with my lola. I hope he's looking down and watching over all of us.

I remember him as being this super kenkoy and fun lolo... he's not like the other oldies that are so stuck in the old ways. If there's one thing I remember about him - it's beer! He was the first person to make me taste beer at the young young age of around 3 or 4 years old - pale pilsen!! (probably the reason why I don't like beer... hehe!) Once, he picked me and my cousins up from swimming class and he tried to beat the red light but wasn't successful - he stopped in the middle of the intersection! It was such a laugh trip! I was always special treatment with him whenever I was there at his house. They would always prepare the food that I wanted - probably because I am his first granddaughter. I love him because he sees me for who I am and asks nothing but just to be me. It's sad to see him go but then it' a reality that we all have to face. I just wish that I would have gotten to know him better - to know the person behind lolo. Sad... :(

He died happy... I think. His pains are finally gone (he had cancer) I think he just waited for his 80th birthday and for my tita to leave for canada. (by the way, she's flying back again because she wants to attend the burial or something). I haven't cried yet, I don't think I will - everybody did, even my titos. I don't know why but I don't cry at funerals. There's something wrong with me. I think it's the fever.

Anyway, my day went on a usual... then suddenly I got fever! Grrr.... I still have it now. I think it's because my wisdom teeth are growing. I feel so weak. Arrgrhhhh... I want to go to the wake but I have a feeling I won't be up for school tomorrow if I strain myself tonight! I'll just drink meds... I want to go - not because I have to but because I want to! My exams are this monday again! Grrr... I hope I feel better by then. I have to go see a dentist!!!