.: Driving to neverland :.

You get lost along the way but you always get to where you're going.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Commed (Oct-Nov)

I’m done with my community medicine rotation, we were only immersed for 2 and a half weeks because of the elections… so we’re stuck in the hospital and we had the opportunity to do OPD unlike the other clerks. Ang dami ng patients! You get all kinds of diseases!

During our very short stay in the community, we had to check out kiti-kiti in the huge water containers of each household and we also still had to monitor the sick patients in the community. Its really sad because they belong to the a low socioeconomic group and they don’t have money for maintenance medication… one of my patient is a hypertensive since four years ago and her BP would go as high as 260/110! Grabe! The human body can really adapt! Anyway, it’s a good thing that my foster mother is really great! She’s kind and accommodating and her hose isn’t bad! We had the only house with a tiled bathroom! I’m grateful for that! Hehehe!

The only thing I like about commed is that I don’t have to go on 34 hour duty! Haha! And of course, meeting the people in the community and bonding with my groupmates!

Anyway, after this rotation, my next is rehabilitation medicine followed by radiology then by anesthesia… after that, all minors na! gosh! Back to duty life.

Here I am looking at the kiti kiti in the huge drums… I’m such a faker! Hahaha!

Here’s the house where we lived…

Here I am with the Anes residents! Very very cool people!
Makes me want to be an anesthesiologist! hehe!

I think that's the spleen... Yup! Spleen yan!