.: Driving to neverland :.

You get lost along the way but you always get to where you're going.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

OB-Gyn (Aug-Sept)

I'm done with my pediatrics rotation which was june-july, 2 months has already passed and I’m now in my Ob-gyne rotation. I love the schedule… When I'm from duty, I get off at 12 noon and on Sundays I get off at 8am! Anyway, I just love the schedule because there’s weekends off - its hard to explain the technical details concerning it, basta the schedule is great but when you’re duty, its really really tiring… I have more time to drink and I can go out on weekends! How great is that?

I’ve already delivered a couple of babies… lucky them! I’m the first person who gets to hold them when they get out. This is a nice field, theres a surgical and a clinical aspect but the schedule sucks… it kills your love life - that's what they said. One of the consultants went as far as saying that it will definitely kill your sex life…

Of course, you cannot predict when your patient will give birth but you can tell them to undergo a scheduled CS… I wish they could just all have CS! But this field is kinda boring… all de-kahon diagnosis. Maybe I’ll eat my words and take my residency in OB-Gyne. Haha!

Here’s a couple of pictures from my pediatrics and Ob-gyne rotation.


Here are the cutie babies in the neonatal ICU
(Dont you just wanna squeeze them? You can... Nobody will know! Mwehehehehe!)



Here’s one of my patients in the pediatric wards - she has Tetralogy of Fallot. (you medical students and doctors out there know what I’m talking about. For those who dont, check it out on the net. hehe!) She passed away but damn was she a fighter!

With grace in the OB wards… during one of the more benign duties!

At the OR with ob residents! (Chief res, girl on the right!)