.: Driving to neverland :.

You get lost along the way but you always get to where you're going.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Sex, sex and more sex?

I was reading this blog, and I really like this person - whoever she is. She's one of those real people who isnt afraid of writing about sensitive topics - sex!

I am one of those innocent catholic school girls - when I was in grade school! Back in high school, friends from la salle would say: "Yan ang mga may kulo sa loob!" And true enough, I noticed that when I was in high school that it was a taboo topic but now, its starting to bubble on the surface - just like when you shake a coke bottle and you see the fiz - if you're the lucky one who gets to open the cover, it'll bubdle and spray itself all over. That sweet sticky syrupy consisteny of coke all over your arms, face, clothes, etc!

How I wish that that day comes soon. But maybe with age it does. I'm 20+ (nearing my mid 20s) and still its hard to look for people who are open to that topic! I only talk about it with my closest friends. Oh yeah! Im not just actually interested in the sex that everyone knows - you know sexual intercourse, coitus and everything connected to that like fellatio (your typical blowjob), cunnilingus (the australian kiss!).

I'm talking about more serious topics like vasectomy and hysterectomy... Do you know that the church does not allow that, therefore its not allowed in certain hospitals with med schools run by Catholics... How close minded can they be? I think it should be done on women who need it. Bawal magpa-hysterectomy because its a contraceptive method to the extreme. A mother with 5 kids with another one on the way & their only financial source is their father who drives a jeep! You wouldnt offer the procedure of hysterectomy to them? Even if they tell you that they could get by - think of the quality of living of all those children & the care and love they are each given. I dont think God would like that very much. For me, its not evil, its not bad - its a choice for a better life.

Do you know that the church ONLY recommends the withdrawal method? The risk of getting pregnant with this method - the sky is the limit! Would you rather have so many teenage mothers or teens with STDs rather than just teach them the simple method of using a condom? Thats a no brainer, isnt it? You go senitor Flavier! Thanks for fighting for the condom!

I will not talk about abortion here - because I feels strongly for this one. I have seen a 3D image of an 8 week old fetus. Its breaths and swallows and moves. Yes, its hard to think about it like that but then it still depends on the woman - its still our body... its still our future... its still our CHOICE.