.: Driving to neverland :.

You get lost along the way but you always get to where you're going.

Friday, May 19, 2006

LDR

Although, I'm glad that I was able to spend even more time with him, it makes me sad because for me, kulang yung time palagi!

I remember when he was still here & lived only a street away, I guess I took his being very near for granted. Para bang when you need to spend time with each other you know that he’s just there so there’s no need to be together as often.

Now it’s a drastic change.

Going to Singapore made me realize how much things have changed – the distance is putting a strain on how I view our relationship. Our situation is really stressing me out. Sometimes, it doesn’t matter at times it does, especially now that I’ve been there and stayed with pao for a little while.

When I’m busy it doesn’t bother me so much but for me that actually isn’t a good thing. I’m really bothered with this long distance relationship but I just don’t have the time to dwell on it (which is the good part – if you could actually call it that).

My friends and cousins often ask me how I deal with it – I just shrug my shoulders and say its no big deal.

Now that I’ve thought about it, it actually isn’t. I just don’t think about it so much.

If you ask me, you get used to it. But when he visits or when I visited him last May, it made me realize how important it is to hold his hand, to kiss him or just to even laugh with that one person you love.

I’m not trying to scare anyone who’s about to have a long distance relationship but if you’re like me – my relationship with my boyfriend for four years who also happened to live a street away was suddenly converted into a long distance one – its difficult. I guess it boils down to how much you’re willing to give to make the relationship work and how important that person is to you. Sometimes its just not how much you love the person but its actually how strong you are as a person which gives strength to the relationship.

Its been like this for 6 months already and I truly don’t know how I am able to handle this… just when you think you want to give up, you find that extra boost of strength when you think you have nothing more to give.

Its scary to think that there will come a time when you cant find that extra boost that you need. When all there is, is despair and loneliness.

After all this drama, there was one thing that my friend asked me about all this... she asked the most important question that made me realize that I could hold on and I should hold on...

"Is he worth it?"

Of course! No questions asked!

So there... pao and i are worth it!

Sa mahabang salita, fight pa rin!