.: Driving to neverland :.

You get lost along the way but you always get to where you're going.

Thursday, November 06, 2003

I just watched Matrix Revolutions. Ummm... How do I begin to describe this movie? As always, the fight scenes were excellent! That was the major pang-bawi of this movie... the more I think about it, it was the only pang-bawi of the movie.

Let me make an analogy... It's like going to a restaurant where you order the most mouth-watering dish they have and have them cook it infront of you. You watch as they saute the garlic and add in one by the one the ingredients that make the dish so wonderful... you watch and watch until you can almost imagine the taste of one bite in your mouth. Still they cook the beef, shrimp or whatever else needs cooking and finally... voila! Your dish is ready! You are excited, you take a spoonful of it and put it in your mouth... you savor the taste and realize that... KULANG SA ASIN!!!!

Yup that's exactly how I felt. The ending totally lacked intrigue, imagination and spice! How incredibly boring.... plus they wasted film on really boring dialogues. Some parts still confuse me. Will someone please enlighten me!

1. How in the world did neo get to that train station? Did the french man with all the stupid dialogue bring him there? How could he if he was just a program like the rest of them? Maybe it was the architect?

2. What made smith such a formidable opponent in the first place? Why couldn't he be deleted so easily? Was he a virus with its own consciousness?

3. In the last part, where neo was having the showdown with smith, why was it that neo was the only one to get to destroy him? I understood it when the "source" used neo as a channel to destroy smith's program when neo was infected by smith thus turning neo into another smith. But isn't it true that smith infected everyone in the matrix? (almost everyone, i think, since there was that big explotion when smith was destroyed) Therefore, by everyone, that means both humans and programs alike. Then why didn't the "source" just use any human in his vast harvest field to get to smith? Since all the humans in the field were connected to the matrix. (was this the term?)

Maybe this was related to that religious Jesus Christ concept of pao and jing. Hmmm... Could it be that neo is the same as Christ? Christ was only partly human... (I think I'm getting my religion all mixed up since I did not have a single class in this subject in my entire college life, that's 4 years) Maybe neo was half human and his "gift" made him a part of the world of machines. Like Christ it was neo's flesh that made him human. That's what makes him so vulnerable. I dont think neo really dies in the end. (ooopsss... did I just give away the ending to those who haven't seen this flick yet?) Christ did rise again and was seated on the right hand of the Father. Will neo rise again and sit on the right hand of the source? Eckk! How utterly cliche!

4. Which bring me to my last question; Was that the reason why neo had power over the machines in the "real" plane? Him being partly machine since he could see the energy source that the machine was using? I think that was all the yellow light he could see when he became blind. Maybe that makes him better than the machines.

I seem to be generating more questions... That's it or now, I might add if any other inquiries arise. Hehehe! The first one is always the best... except for LOTR! Hmmm... I'm looking forward to that.