.: Driving to neverland :.

You get lost along the way but you always get to where you're going.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

He's leaving on a jet plane today

Long Distance Relationship - something I never thought I would be doing but right now, I choose to have that with pao. I never really realized how important pao was to me and how much I valued his company until now when I'm faced with the fact that he's leaving. He'll be gone for months and months and I don't know if I can handle it.

For the past month, each moment I spent with him was a cherished but agonizingly difficult one because I knew that it would be a long time before he I get to be with him again...

I know this is what he wants to do and who am I to stand in his way? I would probably do the same thing if I were in his situation, this is a great opportunity for him and I am very happy that he's getting what he deserves out of life. He's off to greener pastures, to go one his own journey! Ah well, I'll just smile and wave farewell. I must be brave even if I'm feeling a million and one emotions running through me now but it's sadness and fear that I feel the most. I don't want to admit it but I truly am scared - scared of what the future will be. I hate goodbyes.

I made him a cd with all the pictures that I kept of us over the years... We each have a promise ring that helps us remember that even though we're not in the same country, we still have each other. Yet, It still doesn't make things any easier.

A ring, a cd, our memories and faith in each other. That's all we have.

He left on the PAL 0830 flight for singapore today.

Now, let's all sing...

All my bags are packed,
I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin', it's early morn
The taxi's waitin', he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane
I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh, babe, I hate to go

There's so many times I've let you down
So many times I've played around
I'll tell you now, they don't mean a thing
Every place I go, I think of you
Every song I sing, I sing for you
When I come back
I'll wear your wedding ring

Now the time has come to leave you
One more time, oh, let me kiss you
And close your eyes and I'll be on my way
Dream about the days to come
When I won't have to leave alone
About the times that I won't have to say ...