.: Driving to neverland :.

You get lost along the way but you always get to where you're going.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Vietnam... the land of motorbikes!

I have to admit, I didn't want to go here... Mom just pursuaded me to go. What does one do in saigon - now known as ho chi minh city! I loved the site seeing... it was fun! Even more fun than site seeing is shopping at the ben than market! Haha! My mom and I have a limitless supply of energy when it comes to shopping. Its genetic! I think the entire female race is endowed with this gift! :p


As you can see, I am not kidding... the main roads are not populated by cars but by motorbikes, scooters, bikes - any two-wheeled vehicle you can think of! I was almost run over by some when we were crossing the street.

If you go to saigon, there's a trick to crossing the street! You actually just keep walking and they will be the ones who will get out of your way! Neat, huh?


And here I am at the famous cu chi tunnels... where the vietnamese hid and valiantly fought the americans... it seems this country still hates the west! Well, I think a little too much! If I lived there during the war, I guess I'd feel the same way, too! Maybe they got over it, I've seen and talked to a couple of americans!

Can you see me? Hehe! This is a "barrack" - well, one of them.




I think Saigon is a fun place to shop and see everything... It's a different country with a different culture.